A tasty vegetarian recipe: Stuffed sweet potatoes, spiced chickpeas and kale (easy vegan meal). To serve with its lemon tahini sauce prepared in 2 minutes ...
This pretty recipe, I borrowed it from Maud Baroudeuse Culinaire, my Breton colleague, author of book "Bretagne Végétale" (Ouest-France editions). It is also in this book that I discovered this sweet potato recipe. I immediately wanted to make it so much the flavors speak to me. This is the recipe that I give you below, made by making some modifications.
Here some roasted chickpeas with spices accompany the roasted sweet potatoes. Of fresh kale (a super food packed with vitamins), coriander, and all washed down with a delicious tahini sauce (sesame based). A rather simple recipe to make, which does not require special equipment. It holds really well for lunch or dinner!
How to make these stuffed sweet potato recipe?
We start by roasting the sweet potatoes in the oven (cut in half) for about 30 minutes depending on their size. We want them to be very tender, ready to be tasted.
At the same time, the drained chickpeas are mixed with spices and olive oil. Personally I did not use the spice mixture mentioned in the book because I do not have any (kari gosse), I used curry powder in place. All you need to do is roast them for 15 minutes and they will be ready.
While the potatoes and chickpeas are in the oven, you can chop the fresh kale and fresh cilantro. Then we prepare the lemon tahini sauce.
To assemble, place a little chopped kale and coriander on the sweet potatoes, then the roasted chickpeas. We then coat with sauce and it's ready to be tasted.
My tips for a successful lemon tahini sauce
First of all, you need tahini (you can find it in organic coop or organic departments in stores). I choose my colored tahini rather clear, because I prefer its flavor to the darker one.
I add the juice of a whole lemon, I mix vigorously with a fork so that the mixture becomes homogeneous and clearer. Then I add cold water (it is important that it is cold) until you obtain the desired texture, creamy but light.
Usually I use crushed garlic, but for this recipe I followed the advice in the book by adding miel. Finally, I added some curry. Here it is ready!
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of savory recipes that are easy to make, I also recommend these recipes published on the blog: Roasted pumpkin risotto with honey and rosemary, Thin zucchini goat cheese and basil tart, Tomato mozza di buffala bruschetta, Complete salad with beetroot and feta lentils.
Stuffed sweet potatoes, spiced chickpeas and kale (easy vegan meal)
- 3 Sweet potatoes so small, otherwise 2 are enough
- 398 g canned chickpeas
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 2 cs curry powder or Kari Gosse if you have
- 1 pinch of espelette pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro
- 3 kale leaves
- 1 small lemon
- 60 g clear tahini (sesame cream)
- 1 cs miel
- 1 cc curry powder or Kari Gosse if you have
- Cold water
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° traditional heat
- Clean and halve the sweet potatoes lengthwise. Bake them on a baking sheet for about 30 minutes: they should be tender when pricked with a knife.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas then mix them in a bowl with the spices and olive oil. Pour them on a baking sheet covered with baking paper and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Make the sauce: in a bowl, combine the tahini, lemon juice and cold water. Mix with a fork until the mixture is smooth and thin. Add honey and curry, mix well. Add cold water if it is not liquid enough.
- Wash and chop the kale and cilantro leaves. Add a light drizzle of olive oil.
- Assemble everything: out of the oven, place 2 sweet potato halves on a plate, garnish with kale, cilantro, roasted chickpeas. Drizzle generously with lemon tahini sauce. Enjoy without delay.