Homemade and as good as the store-bought one: the Peanut butter ! Creamy and melting with just 1 ingredient. We love its slightly grilled flavor... Quick to prepare, it can easily be stored for several weeks.
What you will like about this peanut butter:
- 1 ingredient ONLY in this recipe!
- delicious taste of roasted peanut
- creamy and melting as desired
- great source of vegetable protein
- very simple to achieve: you simply need a mixer robot
Which peanuts to choose?
To make peanut butter, I take unsalted roasted peanuts (the unsalted side is important because otherwise it would be really too salty! Nothing prevents you from adding a pinch of salt if you wish during the recipe).
Commercially, some unsalted roasted peanuts contain or do not contain sunflower oil: be aware that both work in this recipe. It’s as you prefer!
How to make peanut butter?
- We place the peanuts on a plate
- We roast them baked
- We leave them cool
- We pour the peanuts into the mixer robot
- We mix, we mix!
- Pour the peanut butter obtained in an airtight jar
NB: the complete list of ingredients and the detailed recipe are given at the bottom of the page.
My tips for making peanut butter successfully
- I never miss the oven roasting stage : this is what gives peanut butter its unique deep flavor!
- continue mixing until see a liquid/creamy texture : the power of your robot may require a few more minutes of mixing, this is not a problem at all.
- if you like it peanut butter with pieces : set aside some roasted peanuts and add them just at the end of mixing, you will have small pieces left in your peanut butter.
How to enjoy homemade peanut butter?
Those with a sweet tooth will certainly eat it with a spoon! For others, there are several ways to enjoy homemade peanut butter:
- on the toasts or toast
- with fruits cut like bananas (the perfect pairing!)
- in a Smoothie to add some protein
- in a bowl of granola or porridge for breakfast
- in receipts : peanut butter cookies, banana bread chocolate peanut butter
How to store it properly?
Peanut butter can be stored at room temperature if you are sure to consume it within a few days of making it. However, I advise you to put it instead in the fridge, in its hermetically closed pot, to provide the keep 1 months.
The refrigerator also allows firm up its texture if you find it too liquid after mixing.
Other recipes to try
If you like these kinds of easy recipes for breakfast or brunch, then I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- Homemade almond puree
- apple jam
- Fluffy pancakes
- Homemade chocolate almond pecan granola
- Latte macchiato
- Fruit chia pudding
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your peanut butters!
Homemade Peanut Butter (ONLY 1 ingredient)
- 400 g roasted but unsalted peanuts
- Pinch salt optional
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° traditional heat.
- Place the peanuts on a baking sheet covered with baking paper, spreading them out well to prevent them from overlapping.
- Bake for 10 minutes to lightly roast them, to enhance their flavor. Leave to cool later.
- Place the peanuts in the bowl of a food processor. Mix on high speed for about 5 minutes. The peanuts will first turn into powder then into paste then into creamy butter. If the robot gets too hot, take breaks.
- If desired, add a pinch of salt before the end of mixing.
- Pour the peanut butter into a jar with a tight-fitting lid. To firm up the butter, place it in the refrigerator.