A frozen dessert that will inevitably appeal to gourmets: the Perfect iced raspberry nougat… Inside, a tasty ice cream, with fresh raspberries and pieces of almond nougat. Very light at the end of a meal, no reason to go without!
I love the nougat with almonds, certainly you too: this is the first time I've added it to an ice cream / frozen parfait, and I love the crunchiness it brings. In addition, its taste goes very well with the light tangy raspberry.
What exactly is the Perfect Ice Cream?
The perfect ice cream is a kind of creamy ice cream to share, it is also called semifreddo. Although it can take all forms, I wanted to do it here by cake format. Note that it can also be done in small domes, for example for individual desserts.
Making a perfect ice cream is like make an ice cream without an ice cream maker. It's easy to do, I made it in a cake mold. On the material side, I recommend a small kitchen thermometer (you can easily find it in the utensils section of supermarkets).
Ingredients to plan to make this parfait recipe
Liquid cream + mascarpone : it is the basis of our ice cream. You must choose your whole cream 30% mg because it is the fat that allows you to have a smooth ice cream.
Egg yolks : they bring texture and creaminess to the perfect ice cream, essential. Use the remaining egg whites to make other desserts, such as meringues.
Sugar + water : it is the base of the syrup which is incorporated into the ice cream.
Soft nougat : I chose mine with almonds, but you can also take pistachio. We will cut it into very small cubes in this recipe. It brings crunchiness to the parfait.
Raspberries : we need fresh raspberries in the perfect ice cream. You also need some in decoration, and in coulis.
Sliced almonds : for decoration, and a little crunch.
How to prepare this perfect raspberry nougat ice cream?
We start by doing a syrup by mixing sugar and water. Once 115 ° is reached, this syrup is poured over the whipped yolks (blanched).
Then, we incorporate the mascarpone then the whipped cream in whipped cream. It is important to keep well the sparkling wine whipped cream so we use a spatula and do it very delicately.
Finally we add the pieces of nougat cut into very small dice. The cake tin is lightly greased and lined with transparent cling film. It is filled by alternating garnish and raspberries then smooth the top.
It is necessary to place the perfect ice cream at least 6 hours in the freezer, although I would recommend you stay overnight. When ready to serve, turn the parfait onto the serving dish. Add the fresh raspberries for the decoration, the flaked almonds then sprinkle with coulis.
To properly slice the perfect, it is necessary that softens slightly, it's easier. If you have left over, you can keep it in the freezer for about 1 week.
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of frozen recipes, then I advise you to take a look at these other desserts from the blog:
- Easy chocolate ice cream without an ice cream maker
- Creamy yogurt ice cream and raspberry compote
- Chocolate tiramisu and chestnut cream ice cream log
- Smooth Oreo Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate chip coconut ice cream
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your beautiful frozen parfaits!
Raspberry Nougat Frozen Perfect
- 300 ml heavy whipping cream 30%
- 300 g mascarpone
- 5 egg yolks
- 110 g granulated sugar
- 4 cs water
- 100 g soft almond nougat
- 120 g fresh raspberries + raspberries for the decoration
- 100 ml raspberry sauce
- 1 cs flaked almonds
- Start by preparing the mold, like a cake mold (mine is 26x10cm). Lightly grease it then line it with transparent cling film.
- Prepare a syrup by heating the powdered sugar and water in a saucepan until reaching 115 ° (check with a kitchen thermometer).
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks briskly until they turn white.
- When the syrup reaches the right temperature, pour it in a stream over the egg yolks without stopping whipping (otherwise they will cook). Continue until they cool.
- Then add the mascarpone and whisk to obtain a smooth consistency.
- Beat the cream into a firm whipped cream and incorporate it in turn, delicately to keep a frothy but homogeneous mixture.
- Add the nougat cut into very small cubes (if it is too big, it will be less easy to taste), mix delicately one last time.
- Pour a third of the preparation into the bottom of the mold, sprinkle with raspberries then add the second third of the preparation. Add the raspberries then finish with the last third of the preparation. Smooth out and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours (overnight is better).
- A few minutes before tasting, unmold the parfait on the serving dish. If necessary (it depends on the mold) pass the mold under a light stream of lukewarm water (not hot) for easier demolding. Smooth the sides of the parfait with a small spatula to remove traces of the cling film.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries, slivered almonds and add the coulis last. Enjoy quickly before it melts (like ice cream).