A delicious frozen recipe to cool off: Creamy yogurt ice cream & raspberry compote… A light and fruity pleasure, perfect for sunny days. We love its creamy texture and delicious fruit taste.
This recipe is made using an ice cream maker or an ice cream maker, this allows an optimal rendering in terms of texture. If you are not yet equipped, go to the bottom of the recipe for my buying advice.
Some details on this raspberry yogurt ice cream recipe
Flavor : we can find the taste of yogurt: a little tart and very refreshing. With the raspberry compote, we add a gourmet and fruity side.
Texture : it is very smooth as we like! It is the fact of using “whole” and not lightened ingredients, and of using an ice machine that makes it possible to create this texture.
What ingredients do you need to make this yogurt ice cream recipe?
To prepare the raspberry compote, you will need to plan: raspberries (I used fresh seasonal raspberries), brown sugar, a little lemon zest and juice.
For yogurt ice cream, provide Greek yogurt (it is fatty so perfect for making an ice cream), whole crème fraîche in a jar, a vanilla bean, a little brown sugar and salt.
How to make this homemade yogurt ice cream?
The first step is to prepare the raspberry compote, because there is a cooling time to be expected. To do this, heat the raspberries in a saucepan with the other ingredients: sugar, lemon.
Over medium heat, let everything stew, stirring regularly. The compote is allowed to cool well then it is placed in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling.
To prepare the yogurt ice cream, pour the crème fraîche, sugar, vanilla and salt into a saucepan. We also heat medium heat. In a container, whisk the Greek yogurt and incorporate the previous mixture. Once warm, place in the refrigerator.
The mixture should be very cold, this is very important to facilitate the setting of the ice cream in the machine. Then we turn on the ice cream maker or turbine and then pour the mixture into the yogurt. The time it takes to get the ice cream depends on your device (it's faster with a turbine).
To assemble the ice cream, first pour a third of the yoghurt ice cream into the tray, then a third of the raspberry compote. We continue in this way until all the ingredients are used up. This bin must be placed in the freezer so that the ice cream takes on an ideal texture (at least 1 hour).
Possible variations for this recipe
Instead of raspberries, it is quite possible to make a compote of strawberries, strawberries / rhubarb, blueberries, blackberries… The possibilities are numerous.
As for the ingredients for the yoghurt ice cream, I do not recommend the lighter yogurts: the ice cream will not be so creamy. Greek yogurt is perfect for this kind of recipe.
Other recipes to try
If you like homemade ice cream, then take a look at these other recipes from the blog: the Smooth Oreo Vanilla Ice Cream, Blueberry-Coconut Eskimos, Chocolate coffee mocaccino ice cream, Chocolate chip coconut ice cream, Homemade raspberry ice cream in 3 ingredients.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your beautiful ice cream!
Creamy Yogurt Ice Cream & Raspberry Compote
- 250 g raspberries
- 50 g light brown sugar
- Zest of an organic lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Yogurt ice cream
- 260 ml whole fresh cream 30% mg and pot
- 520 ml Greek yogurt
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 90 g Brown sugar
- Pinch of fleur de sel
- To be done in advance (allow for cooling time). In a saucepan over medium heat, add the raspberries, sugar, lemon zest and juice. Mix regularly for about 15 minutes until you obtain a compote-like texture.
- It will thicken a bit as it cools. Leave the heat to cool, then pour into a container and place in the refrigerator.
Yogurt ice cream
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sour cream, sugar, vanilla beans, and fleur de sel. Stir until you get a smooth texture. In a separate bowl, quickly whisk the Greek yogurt and gradually pour in the previous mixture. Leave to cool then place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour: the mixture must be very cold.
- Turn on the ice machine (turbine or ice cream maker), then pour the mixture so that the ice forms. The time needed depends on your device.
- In a very cold ice cream container, pour 1/3 of the yogurt ice cream then 1/3 of the raspberry compote, drawing an "S" on the ice. Repeat the operation until you run out of ingredients. Then place the container in the freezer for at least 1 hour: this step allows you to have a creamy consistency but a little firm. The longer you leave in the freezer, the firmer the ice will be.
- Go out a few minutes before tasting ...