Today I am offering you a very simple but really tasty savory recipe! An autumn-winter squash dish: the roasted pumpkin risotto with honey & rosemary. If you like risottos, then this one will be no exception! It is creamy to perfection, without being too runny (which I personally don't like with risottos). I like that there is a bit of "chews" you see :)
I decided to serve it with roasted squash, in this case roasted pumpkin in honey with a touch of rosemary. For this recipe, I peeled the pumpkin, but I don't usually peel it: its skin is thinner than that of other squash, so you can easily do without it. It's up to you to see if you want to keep the skin for this recipe :)
On the preparation side, you first have to roast the pumpkin (to keep warm afterwards) and then make the risotto. This is a classic risotto with onion and white wine. You will add the diced pumpkin to the plate, when serving, above the risotto.
And then the result? A comforting dish full of flavor, to be enjoyed by the fire (or not!). I really like the softness of the roasted pumpkin, slightly sweetened with honey and finely scented with rosemary. The duet with the risotto works wonderfully. I hope this roasted pumpkin risotto with honey & rosemary you will like it too!
If you make the recipe, do not hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so that I can see your beautiful plates ...
Roasted pumpkin risotto with honey & rosemary
- 1 pumpkin
- 1 yellow onion
- 400 g risotto rice
- 70 g Grated parmesan
- 70 g Half-salt butter
- 2 cs liquid honey
- 2 organic poultry stock cubes
- 1,2 liter water
- 25 cl White wine
- 5 cs olive oil
- A little fresh rosemary
- Salt pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° convection heat.
- Prepare the pumpkin: peel it, cut it and remove the seeds. Cut it into small cubes. Place baking paper on a baking sheet and place the squash cubes. Drizzle with honey, 2 tbsp of olive oil then salt and pepper. Mix the squash cubes and bake for about 25 minutes, turning them once or twice. Keep warm while waiting for service.
- Prepare the chicken stock: heat the water in a saucepan and melt the stock cubes in it. Keep warm for later.
- Prepare the risotto: peel and finely chop the onion. In a large saucepan, heat 3tbsp of olive oil and 20g of semi-salted butter over high heat, then add the chopped onion. Cook for a few minutes while the pieces become translucent.
- Add the rice and mix so that it becomes slightly pearly for a few minutes. Then pour in the white wine. Mix until evaporated.
- Lower the heat then add the chicken broth, one ladle at a time, until the rice absorbs it. This step takes about 12 to 15 minutes. The amount of broth required depends on the desired final rendering (more or less creamy). The rice should be cooked, but not overcooked.
- Off the heat, add the remaining butter and the grated Parmesan, mix then cover for a few moments. Garnish the plates with risotto then add the squash cubes. Adjust the seasoning if necessary, and enjoy immediately!