Let's go for the first recipe of 2019! To start again on the same bases as last year, that is to say with always as much gluttony, I thought of sharing with you a cuddly toy recipe (in the heart of winter it can not do wrong). A vanilla rice pudding & clementine caramel : one of those comforting desserts that reminds us of our childhood and which also features a seasonal fruit, what more could you ask for?
As I conjured up with you on my post Instagram, I love clementines, for the little boost they give us in the heart of winter - which, it must be said, is often very sad. Like you, I love to eat them as they are, but by combining them with other flavors, like here vanilla and caramel, we discover them in a different light. And that's really cool!
I'll meet you at the bottom of the article to discover the full recipe.
And the results of 2018 in all this?
I'm not used to making long speeches on the blog, but I must say all the same that this year 2018 has been very fulfilling professionally as a freelance. I have been fortunate to work with very different clients in photography, styling and / or recipe creation. What I wish for myself for 2019: even more interesting and varied projects. Of those who make me say that I am "in my place", you know, this ultra positive feeling which makes your days pass at high speed!
Vanilla rice pudding & clementine caramel
- 1 L whole milk
- 120 g round dessert rice
- 50 g blond cane sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 90 ml freshly squeezed clementine juice
- 1 clementine for the decor
- Prepare the clementine caramel: in a saucepan, make a dry caramel by heating the sugar over high heat until an amber caramel is obtained. Separately, heat the squeezed clementine juice and then add to the caramel. Heat the caramel for a few minutes over medium heat. Reserve.
- Make the rice pudding: in a large saucepan, pour the whole milk, round rice, cane sugar. Split the pod in half, add the vanilla beans to the pan and the pod. Bring to a boil then lower to low heat for a long cooking.
- Mix very regularly with a wooden spoon for about 45 minutes.
- The desired consistency is creamy, the rice grains must be tender.
- Remove the pod then serve hot / warm / cold according to your taste in small ramekins and top with clementine caramel.
- For the decoration, take clementine supremes: with a knife cut the outer skin and the outer white membrane. Then, still with the knife, remove the clementine quarters without their white membrane. Decorate each dessert with the supremes.