My favorite little dessert, the pavlova! In family or individual version, it is truly a dessert that wins all the votes. And he's got plenty… A crunchy meringue, smooth whipped cream and seasonal fruits… The winning trio! For this version, I opted for roasted peach, honey & pistachio pavlovas. Peaches to make the summer last a little longer (please!).
I love the smell of roasted peaches, it really smells of the whole kitchen, to my delight. A little extra touch of honey and it's ecstasy! For the small individual meringue nests, I opted for a Swiss meringue: it holds up very well in cooking and turns less yellow than the others I find, and also it can be made without a cooking thermometer.
Plan to make the meringues the night before, so that they have time to cool with the oven off. The next day, all you have to do is whip the cream and roast the peaches with honey.
Hope you like this recipe! Go to the bottom of the article;)
Roasted peach, honey & pistachio pavlovas
- 3 egg whites
- Granulated sugar count twice the weight of white
- 25 cl cream
- 2 cs icing sugar
- 4 peaches
- 2 cs honey
- Butter for the pan
- + 1 small handful of crushed pistachios
- In a double boiler, heat the egg whites and the sugar, whisking by hand. As soon as the sugar crystals have dissolved (you should no longer feel them between your fingers), remove from the heat and pour into the bowl of the food processor. Whisk until the meringue is warm, white and shiny (about 4-5 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 100 ° traditional heat.
- Fill the pastry bag with meringue (fluted tip) and make small nests on a baking sheet, making circles with the pocket - remembering to add an extra level on each to contain the future garnish. You can make about 5 depending on the size.
- Bake the baking sheet for 2 hours. Do not open the oven then, let the oven cool down.
- Wash and cut each peach into 6. In a hot pan, add the knob of butter, honey, then roast the peaches on medium heat. Cover. They should be tender but keep their hold. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Whip the cream and the icing sugar into a light whipped cream. Garnish the nests with whipped cream. Add the pieces of peaches and a little honey cooking juice. Sprinkle with crushed pistachios.