Want to share a little bit of autumn with you :) Enjoy this very special, cozy, warm atmosphere, with the sweet scents of spices… I really enjoyed making this rustic apple pear & spice pie. First of all, because it has given the whole kitchen an incredible flavor! Then, because it is very easy to make, more than classic pies with their dough to be pressed into the mold. For rustic pies, no need to strive for perfection. It is even its imperfect character that we like! Here you just have to fold the dough over the fruit, and you're done.
In terms of flavors, I set my sights on two autumn fruits par excellence: apple and pear. I chose them rather firm to prevent them from falling apart during cooking. You will see that with this quantity of cut fruit, you may have a little left over, enough to prepare a very simple little compote ... But we know that simplicity in the kitchen is often what there is. better, isn't it? I cannot omit to mention the spices, which have a very nice place in the recipe: cinnamon is my favorite sin this season, I would like to sprinkle it all over the place! Here it does wonders ...
I hope you like this recipe, and that it will also transport you to this world of forest walks, warm colors and spicy delicacies ...
Rustic apple, pear & spice pie
- 250 g flour
- 3/4 this salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 200 g Soft butter
- 75 ml Cold water
- 2 apples
- 3 pears
- 1 lemon
- 30 g Light brown sugar
- 1 cs flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp 4 spice mixture
- 2 cs water
- 30 g Light brown sugar
- 1 cs cinnamon
- Make the dough: mix the flour, salt, brown sugar and butter to obtain a sandy mixture. Gradually add water to form a ball of dough. Wrap in cling film and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° traditional heat.
- Prepare the fruits: peel and seed the fruits. Cut into slices neither too thin nor too thick and mix in a bowl with the lemon juice, flour, brown sugar and spices.
- Roll the dough on the floured work surface to give it a rounded shape. Arrange the fruits against each other, leaving a margin of about 3-4cm all around. Fold the edges of the unstuffed dough inwards, covering the fruit a little bit.
- Mix the water and the brown sugar then coat with a brush on the edges of the dough (so that it is golden brown) as well as on the fruits. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for about 40 minutes (to be watched).
Hmmmmmm ... I like your pie ...
This pie has it delicious, and super easy to prepare! I'll test this ASAP, especially since it's really all I'm craving right now: apples, pears and cinnamon <3
Recipe already tested 2 times and it's a delight !!! Thank you …
Tonkin Vietnam Travel
Super this seasonal dessert!
Recipe tested last night it is just too too delicious thank you for all these recipes that you share with us.
Ps: your photos are just beautiful