Green lentils in a cold salad very easy to prepare: the Green lentil salad, feta, beetroot, apple, avocado ! A colorful complete vegetarian dish accompanied by its little house vinaigrette ...
Full salads are one of my favorite breakfasts! Like most of you, I don't have a lot of time in front of me at lunchtime to prepare my lunch. Watchwords: simple, fast, and good! The advantage with this green lentil salad is that you can pre-cook the lentils in advance (the day before or two days before) and add the elements at the last moment.
What ingredients to choose for this green lentil salad?
Lentils : for this recipe it is green lentils from Le Puy. They are perfect ! Remember to rinse them well before cooking.
Beet : take cooked beets. You can optionally grate them if you prefer raw beets.
feta : it is used crumbled or diced. You can also use tomme.
Lawyer : very ripe, it is creamy, perfect for this salad.
Apple : I like to put it in my whole salads, here it is in thin slices. It can also be grated.
Salad shoots : to garnish the salad, you can use baby spinach instead.
Sesame seeds, salt, pepper : to season the salad.
House dressing : based on olive oil, mustard and lemon.
How to prepare this lentil salad?
We start by cooking the green lentils. We rinse them first, then put them in a large pot of water. Be careful, do not salt them before cooking. Observe the times written on the packaging. Typically it is around 20/25 minutes. Run them under cold water to start assembling the salad.
Then it's a snap! Dice the beetroot and feta, slice the apple and avocado. To dress the salad you can either use plates or a salad dish.
We have salad leaves all around, then green lentils. Add the diced beetroot and feta. Then we finish with the apple and avocado slices and season.
To realize the house dressing, mix the mustard, lemon juice and olive oil then serve with the lentil salad.
Other recipes to try
If you like these kind of easy recipes for lunch or dinner, I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog: Baked Sweet Potatoes Spicy Chickpeas Kale Cabbage, Honey roasted pumpkin risotto, Tomato mozza di buffala bruschetta, Thin zucchini goat pie, Tomato tart with fresh goat cheese and basil.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your beautiful salads!
Green Lentil, Feta, Beetroot Salad
- 150 g green lentils from puy
- 1 cooked beet
- 1 lawyer
- 1 organic apple
- 100 g Feta
- 100 g young salad leaves
- Gomasio or sesame seeds
- 2 cs olive oil
- 1/2 cs lemon juice
- 1/2 cc mustard
- Start by cooking the lentils. After rinsing them, pour the lentils into a saucepan of cold water (3 times their volume in water). Cook for about 20/25 minutes. They still have to behave well. Rinse off with cold water.
- Prepare the garnish: cut the beetroot into cubes. Cut the feta into cubes and crumble lightly. Cut the avocado in half and then each half into thin slices. Slice the apple in half, remove the seeds (keep the skin) and cut into thin slices.
- In two plates, garnish the bottom of the plate with the young salad leaves. Pour in the lentils, then top with the avocado slices, the beetroot pieces, the apples, the feta.
- For the dressing, combine the olive oil, lemon juice and mustard and pour onto both plates.
- Sprinkle with gomasio or sesame seeds.