Make his Salted butter caramel, nothing could be simpler with this recipe in just 4 ingredients! Easy to make (without a thermometer), this salted butter caramel can be kept for several weeks.
Once done, you can coat your crepes, pancakes, waffles, and all your cakes too! The advantage is that it keeps for a long time. Something to satisfy all gourmets...
4 ingredients for a homemade salted butter caramel
- Granulated sugar : it is with him that we make dry caramel.
- liquid cream : I always take 30% fat cream.
- Half-salt butter : it allows the coulis to take on texture as it cools and gives it a slightly salty taste.
- Fleur de sel : this is the final touch to enhance the taste of caramel (you can do without it if necessary).
NB: the exact quantities are given to you in my recipe at the bottom of the page.
How to make salted butter caramel easily?
- We realize a dry caramel : it's very simple, just heat the powdered sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat until it melts and takes on a nice amber color.
- Addition of Half-salt butter : once diced, add the butter and mix.
- We incorporate warmed cream : the mixture makes large bubbles, this is normal.
- The fleur de sel as a final touch: I love adding a final touch of salt before letting the salted butter caramel cool.
My tips for making this recipe a success
- do not use utensils to make the dry caramel : the powdered sugar melts on its own, you simply turn the pan using the handle.
- warm the cream before pouring it over the caramel : this avoids the temperature shock (which hardens the caramel).
- let the salted butter caramel rest until the desired consistency : the longer it is left to cool, the more it takes on the consistency of a spread.
How to store salted butter caramel?
It is easiest to store it in one or more glass jars with a lid. By putting it in the refrigerator it keeps up to 3 weeks.
The cold will harden the caramel, but you can make it liquid again by putting it in the microwave for a few seconds.
Other recipes to try
Here are some recipe ideas to accompany your salted butter caramel sauce:
- White Cheese Pie
- Four soft vanilla quarters
- Healthy banana pancakes
- Liege waffle
- Very fluffy pancakes
- Light Brussels waffles
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your salted butter caramel sauces!
Very Easy Salted Butter Caramel (4 ingredients)
- 220 g Granulated sugar
- 140 g whole liquid cream 30% mg
- 80 g Half-salt butter
- 2 pinches of fleur de sel
- Heat the liquid cream in the microwave.
- Pour the sugar into a large saucepan. Heat over medium heat, without stirring, simply by moving the pan, until the sugar becomes liquid and takes on an amber color.
- Add the diced butter, mix and continue to cook for about 1 minute.
- Then pour the warmed cream into the pan. Continue cooking for about 1 minute (the caramel makes big bubbles).
- Off the heat, add the fleur de sel. Pour into one or more jars. The caramel will thicken as it cools.