All of this Smarties cookiesis the easy and regressive recipe par excellence! You'll love making these cookies that are soft in the center and crispy on the outside. Their colorful decor will delight the whole family ...
The Smarties, that makes us fall back directly into childhood, doesn't it? There are several kinds: the ones I used for this recipe are pastel Smarties.
How to make Smarties cookies?
It is very simple : like all cookie recipes! For sure, children will want to participate in their realization. Mix the dry ingredients on one side and then the wet ingredients on the other. Then, we bring it all together to shape pretty dough balls. Place in the refrigerator for a few minutes to facilitate the shaping of the balls.
I prefer not to put all the smarties in the dough but to keep a few for decorate each ball before baking. When cooking, they will spread out but the decorative Smarties will stay on top.
La cooking time adapts to your tastes: if you like very soft, reduce the cooking time. On the contrary, if you like them crispy, increase the cooking time.
Possible variations for these cookies
Don't have Smarties on hand? Note that you can easily replace them with large crushed dark / white / milk chocolate chips, crushed M & Ms or any other chocolate candy.
Other recipes to try
If you like cookies, then I advise you to take a look at other recipes on the blog that might make you want to: Tahini chocolate chip cookies, Granola cookies, Giant chocolate coconut almonds cookie, Chocolate pecan cookies.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute cookies!
Smarties cookies, the easy recipe
- 290 g of flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 180 g brown sugar
- 150 g soft butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 120 g by Smarties
- 75 g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C traditional heat.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking soda.
- In the bowl of the food processor, combine the sugar and butter. Incorporate the egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Little by little, add the dry ingredients and mix everything together.
- Finish by adding the Smarties (keep a little for decoration) and the chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Chill for 10 minutes, then form small balls of dough in your hand, place them on a baking sheet covered with baking paper, spacing them 5cm apart. Place the remaining Smarties to decorate the top of each ball.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden. Let cool on a rack, they will harden slightly while keeping their soft core.