A must for foodies, young and old!
For my first ice cream recipe, I made it original! (I inaugurate by this occasion, the category “ice creams & sorbets” of the blog).
Whether you like the Smurfs cartoon or not, you must definitely (as a self-respecting foodie) love Smurfs candy!
Well, today they are at the heart of my recipe ...
Their sweet and tangy side is perfect in “frozen” version and this beautiful turquoise color, pretty isn't it?
The texture obtained is very smooth, and is very similar to that of frozen yogurt.
Recipe for about 800ml of ice cream
- In a saucepan, heat 10cl of whole liquid cream. Melt 300g of Smurf candies (1 bag), until a smooth blue cream is obtained. Reserve.
- In a container, mix 3 egg yolks (extra-fresh, this is important because they will not be cooked) and 10g of caster sugar.
- Add 25cl of whole milk and mix again.
- Whip 25cl of whole liquid cream into whipped cream, and incorporate this whipped cream into the previous mixture. Mix well. Pass through Chinese to remove any lumps.
- Pour the blue cream of the Smurfs in the ice cream mixture, mix well to make the color uniform.
- Switch on the ice cream maker, pour the preparation into the machine and leave to churn for about 45 minutes.
- Then place in the freezer for several hours to optimize the texture.
NB: The ice thus obtained will keep for up to 1 week in the freezer.