Aren't we there, in the shade of the oak? The perfect spot to enjoy a little strawberry rhubarb lemonade You can not find ? I admit that at the moment the idea of lighting the oven repels me a bit (which will not prevent me from baking pies in the next few weeks, that's for sure). So to use these few branches of rhubarb and this handful of Breton gariguettes, I bet everything on a refreshing drink!
The basis of this strawberry rhubarb lemonade is a syrup made in a very simple way by stewing rhubarb, strawberries and a touch of lemon in a pan (and a little brown sugar, essential for the sweet touch of the syrup). I'm not telling you about the delicious smell that floated in the kitchen at the time ... In short, once the syrup is finished we let it cool and we add sparkling water and ice cubes, yes yes it's as simple as that!
I give you the full step by step at the bottom of the article;)
Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade
- 500 g rhubarb stalks
- 180 g cut strawberries
- 200 g brown sugar
- 2 lemons
- 2 liters sparkling water
- Ice cubes
- Start by cutting the rhubarb into small pieces, and cut the strawberries in half. Grate the zest of one lemon.
- Put the fruits in a saucepan, add 350ml of water and heat medium heat for about twenty minutes (all the fruits must be well cooked).
- Using a Chinese filter the syrup obtained. Add the juice of two lemons and let cool completely before placing in the refrigerator.
- Pour the cold syrup into a bottle or directly into tall glasses with a large dose (don't worry, it will be much less sweet than commercial syrups anyway).
- Add ice cubes and consume immediately!