A strawberry pie yes, but not just any: the Strawberry tart by Cyril Lignac ! A shortbread with almonds, topped with almond cream and whipped cream on which we place pretty strawberries ...
I had discovered this pretty pie during a cooking show hosted by Cyril Lignac. She won me over right away! It is especially the idea of the layer of almond cream under whipped cream which seemed original to me.
It is quite simple to make, do not hesitate to redo it at home! I made some modifications to the basic recipe, for example adding mascarpone to the whipped cream to give it a little more texture.
What ingredients are needed to make this strawberry tart by Cyril Lignac?
To prepare the shortbread with almonds, you will need softened butter, flour, cornstarch, icing sugar, ground almonds, an egg and a pinch of salt.
To make the Almond cream (baked on the bottom of the tart), you will need softened butter, ground almonds, an egg and icing sugar.
Regarding the whipped cream and the decor strawberries, you will need whole cream, mascarpone, powdered sugar, and beautiful tasty strawberries (I often choose gariguettes).
NB: The detailed quantities are given to you in the recipe at the bottom of the page.
How to make this strawberry pie recipe?
To start we prepare the shortbread with almonds, because you need to allow the dough to rest. The ingredients are mixed, finishing with the flour then the egg. Form a ball and place it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Then we roll out the dough, place it in a round mold (mine is 26 cm in diameter) and bake it. NB: you will have some dough left, you can freeze it or make an additional tart.
We continue with the Almond cream. To make it, we mix the ingredients and pour this cream on the pre-baked pie shell. We put in the oven again, so that the almond cream cooks in turn.
During this time, we whip the cream and the sugar into a firm whipped cream then we cut the strawberries. Once the pie has cooled down, you can decorate it whipped cream and strawberries !
My tips for a successful strawberry pie
- Cool the tart garnished with almond cream before placing the whipped cream on top: if this is not the case, the whipped cream will flow and that would be a shame!
- for whipped cream that rises quickly, place your whisks in the freezer a few minutes before using them and use a very cold whipping cream.
- before tasting, keep this pie in the fridge to keep your whipped cream and strawberries decoration intact.
Possible variations around this recipe
If you like the base of this strawberry tart from Cyril Lignac (almond cream + whipped cream together), know that you can vary with other fruits. For the garnish, you can put raspberries instead of strawberries or blueberries for example.
Always favor fresh fruit which disgorge little, compared to frozen fruit. It is a pie to be made with seasonal fruits as a priority.
Other recipes to try
If you like strawberry desserts, then I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- Eton strawberry mess
- Strawberry rhubarb almond tart
- No-bake strawberry speculoos cheesecake
- Strawberry rhubarb tart crumble style
- Strawberry pistachio tart on Breton palet
- Strawberry peach ricotta cake
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute pies!
Strawberry Tart by Cyril Lignac & Almond Cream
- 95 g softened butter
- 90 g icing sugar
- 50 g cornstarch
- 30 g almond meal
- 1 pinch of salt
- 180 g all-purpose flour
- 1 oeuf
- 65 g soft butter
- 80 g powdered almonds
- 1 oeuf
- 50 g icing sugar
- 300 ml whole cream 30% mg very cold
- 100 g mascarpone
- 100 g granulated sugar quantity to adapt to your taste
- 500 g french strawberries
- Mix the soft butter, icing sugar, cornstarch, ground almonds, a pinch of salt. Finish with the flour. Sand the dough well between your fingers and add the whole egg.
- Form a ball, wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll out the dough in a mold (mine is 26 cm in diameter) and bake for 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 160 ° C.
- Combine the soft butter, ground almonds, whole egg and icing sugar.
- Spread this cream on the baked tart base, bake for 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 160 ° c. Leave to cool for the rest.
- Use a mixer (whips previously placed in the freezer to facilitate setting) the single cream and powdered sugar to obtain a firm whipped cream. Add the mascarpone at the end. Whisk one last time to homogenize.
- Prepare the strawberries by cutting them in half (lengthwise). Arrange the whipped cream with a spoon on the well cooled pie. Decorate with strawberries by cutting them in half lengthwise.