A new homemade salted butter caramel recipe!
I'm sure you like this “made in Brittany” little treat, don't you?
Here the salted butter caramel serves as a filling for my pie shell, it is covered with a milk chocolate ganache and little dark chocolate stars for fun!
At the tasting, the taste of caramel is very present, and the tart is very sweet! A possible variation would be to use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate when you want more distinct flavors.
Recipe for a pretty pie (7-8 parts)
- Prepare your shortbread, as explained here.
- Cook it white for 18 minutes at 180 °.
- Make the salted butter caramel cream:
- In a saucepan, bring 180g caster sugar and 1 tbsp of water to a boil, until a nice golden caramel is obtained.
- Then add 75g of semi-salted butter in pieces, then 75ml of liquid cream (watch out for splashing!).
- Pour the salted butter caramel cream on the tart base and refrigerate.
- Make the milk chocolate ganache:
- In a saucepan, heat 180ml of liquid cream and 180g of pastry milk chocolate.
- Allow to melt slowly, mixing well to obtain a nice ganache.
- Gently pour the ganache over the pie (the creme caramel must have hardened a little).
- Refrigerate for several hours (one night is even better!).
- Make the chocolate stars:
- Melt a bar of dark chocolate pastry in a bain-marie. It is necessary to obtain a shiny texture (do not overheat the chocolate, otherwise it will cook and harden ...).
- Prepare a transfer sheet for chocolate on a sheet of baking paper.
- Then spread the melted chocolate on the transfer sheet and smooth with a spatula. Put in the fridge.
- When the chocolate begins to harden, make small stars using cookie cutters (or other shapes according to your desires!). Refrigerate until the chocolate is completely set.
- Carefully peel off the chocolate shapes, and decorate the pie.
[ Equipment used ]