A recipe with a delicious fruity taste: the Strawberry rhubarb tart crumble style ! Inside, a nice compote of rhubarb and strawberries, a crumble paste made from almonds, oatmeal, whole sugar…. I hope that you will like her !
Rhubarb and strawberry… One of the best combinations of fruity flavors as soon as spring arrives! A nice duo that I wanted to highlight in this Strawberry rhubarb pie, very easy to do.
I had been watching for rhubarb in my vegetable garden for a while now: I was waiting impatiently for the day when I could come and do my picking :) Within a few weeks I could also have picked strawberries from my vegetable garden for the recipe , but for lack of ripe fruit, I fell back on local producer strawberries!
What ingredients for this strawberry rhubarb pie recipe?
Inside this pie, we find a strawberry and rhubarb compote and crumble dough ! This dough is used in 2 ways: as a base, like a pie dough, then on top to give the crumble effect.
The compote consists of ripe strawberries and tasty and rhubarb stalks. I added a little whole sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch (for texture).
The pie / crumble dough consists ofclassic ingredients for a crumble: flour, butter, sugar ... I added healthy ingredients like small oatmeal and almonds tapered. The result has won us all over at home. I hope you too !
NB: you can also make this recipe with raspberries or even peaches or plums! The compote technique will remain the same.
How to make a strawberry rhubarb crumble pie?
There are two main stages. We prepare first the strawberry rhubarb compote then the pie / crumble dough. For the compote, heat the cut fruit and lemon in a saucepan for about ten minutes. The smell is delicious! Finally, add the sugar and cornstarch mixture without stopping stirring. That's it, it's ready!
For make the pie / crumble dough, mix all the ingredients (except the almonds) with your fingers until you get a coarse sand. Two-thirds of this mixture is packed into the bottom of a rectangular mold lined with baking paper.
Then we pour the compote then we crumble the rest of the crumble dough by adding the slivered almonds. There is onlyto bake !
I advise you to place the rhubarb strawberry pie in the fridge to facilitate cutting into small squares (like me). It goes very well for dessert or as a snack! The most greedy will add a scoop of vanilla ice cream...
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of fruity seasonal desserts, then I advise you to take a look at these recipes from the blog: the Rhubarb tart with vanilla cream and Breton palate, Passion fruit vanilla coconut tart, Strawberry ganache pistachio tart, Peach strawberry fondant cake with ricotta, Very fondant cherry almond cake.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute pies!
Rhubarb Strawberry Crumble Tart
Strawberry rhubarb compote
- 175 g rhubarb cut into 2cm pieces
- 320 g strawberries cut into wedges
- 1 cs lemon juice
- 60 g complete sugar rapadura type or 90g white sugar
- 2 cs cornflour
- 195 g wheat or spelled flour
- 120 g oatmeal small flakes
- 90 g Light brown sugar
- 60 g whole sugar
- 170 g softened butter
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 this salt
- 1 cc natural vanilla extract
- A handful of sliced almonds
- Make the strawberry-rhubarb compote: in a saucepan, combine the rhubarb sections and the chopped strawberries. Add the lemon and heat over low / medium heat so that it stews quietly for 10 minutes. Mix frequently, the fruits should be soft.
- In a bowl, mix the whole sugar and the cornstarch then add this mixture to the saucepan, do not stop stirring for 1 to 2 minutes while the mixture thickens. Stop cooking then let cool for the rest.
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° traditional heat. In a bowl, combine all the crumble ingredients (except almonds): flour, oatmeal, baking soda, salt, sugars, soft butter and vanilla. Do not hesitate to mix with your hands: you should get a kind of coarse sand. Set aside about 1/3 of the mixture (for the top of the pie).
- Butter and flour a 30x20cm rectangular mold (or line with baking paper), then press the crumble into the bottom of the mold, pressing firmly with your hands.
- Cover this base with the strawberry-rhubarb compote and smooth.
- Mix the remaining crumble and the slivered almonds then sprinkle the top of the mold with the crumble (making more or less large pieces).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden (watch out).
- Let cool out of the oven then refrigerate before cutting the pieces.
* you can change the fruits according to the seasons
* do not hesitate to adjust the dose of sugar according to your taste