Topped with beautiful seasonal fruits, and easy to make without a mold: the Rustic peach and vanilla pie has everything to please! After having marinated the peaches with the vanilla, you just have to dress them on the dough and hop in the oven. It's that simple…
The rustic pie you probably already know? This is the pie we bake without mold, it is formed simply by closing its edges on the filling. In short, she stands alone. It's convenient and delicious too!
Ingredients to plan for this rustic peach pie
For this pie, I chose to beautiful seasonal peaches. When choosing them, take them ripe for their fragrance but not too soft because they must hold together once sliced.
As for the vanilla, I used two different ones: liquid vanilla extract and powdered vanilla (from the vanilla bean). It's practical, you can easily find it in stores now. Be aware that if you don't have vanilla powder, you can use a vanilla bean or add more vanilla extract.
To prepare the pie crust, that simple ingredients, which you certainly have at home: flour, brown sugar, unsalted butter, ground almonds, egg and salt.
This recipe is simple and inexpensive, given the fact that we use seasonal fruits.
How to make a rustic peach pie
We start by preparing the pie crust, we can even do it in advance, the day before for example. If this is the case, it should be brought back to room temperature a little when spreading it out to make it easier.
To make the dough, just beat the butter and the brown sugar. We add the other ingredients, the flour last. This dough requires refrigeration time to have an ideal texture (1 hour).
During the cooling time of the dough, you can make the garnish. To do this, we slice the peaches without peeling them and then add them to a container containing brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon, vanilla, a touch of cinnamon and salt.
The peaches are left to macerate for 45 minutes: this allows the liquid contained in the fruit to settle in the bottom of the container, and not to soak the dough afterwards.
Then, we spread the dough in a wide circle, we garnished with peaches, leaving a space on the edge for the fold. To garnish: either you put them in "bulk" or you place them rose window like me. Your rustic peach pie is ready!
After having coated with egg yolk and sprinkled with brown sugar, all you have to do is put in the oven.
How to taste this peach pie?
This pie can be eaten lukewarm out of the oven or even cold according to your tastes. I advise you to add a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream, it's so delicious!
If you don't like ice cream, know that even tasted “plain” this rustic peach pie is still very good.
Other recipes to try
If you like fruit pies to share, I also recommend these other recipes from the blog:
- Strawberry rhubarb almond tart
- Raspberry mascarpone tart Breton palet
- Key lime pie no cook
- No-Bake Ripe Lemon Pie
- Coconut red berry mascarpone tart
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute pies!
Rustic Peach and Vanilla Tart
- 250 g wheat or spelled flour
- 40 g almond powder
- 85 g Light brown sugar
- 175 g softened butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 oeuf
- 4-5 ripe but rather firm yellow peaches
- 55 g Light brown sugar
- 1 cs lemon juice
- 1 cc vanilla extract
- 0,5 cc vanilla powder in the pastry department
- 1 cs cornstarch
- 0,25 cc cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk and brown sugar for the gilding
Rustic pie crust
- In a container or in a food processor, beat the butter and brown sugar to obtain a creamy mixture. Add the ground almonds, salt and mix. Then incorporate the previously beaten egg and the flour in several batches.
- Form a ball with the dough and wrap in cling film. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Wash and slice the peaches: neither too thin nor too thick. Put aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, vanilla extract and vanilla powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the sliced peaches and coat them well with the mixture, with a spatula. Let stand 45 minutes.
Assembling the pie
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° traditional heat.
- Roll out the dough on a sheet of baking paper using a rolling pin. Make a large circle about 35cm in diameter.
- Garnish the dough with the peaches by making a rosette with the slices (from the outside to the inside). Keep 5cm of empty space at the edge. Do not put the remaining liquid in the container so as not to soak the pie.
- Fold the edge of the dough inward by folding it. Cover with egg yolk with a brush and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, the tart should be golden, and the peaches should be well cooked. If necessary during cooking, add aluminum foil so that it does not burn. Then let cool on the rack.