A savory pie recipe for sunny days: the Zucchini, goat cheese & basil tart. A crispy puff pastry, garnished with finely cut zucchini, chunks of goat cheese, basil and pine nuts. It is ideal to serve as an aperitif, as a starter or even as a light meal.
I love savory pies: the advantage is that you can put everything in them! Thin pies in particular I like them a lot because they keep a crispy side after cooking. At home, we love zucchini (we also have several zucchini plants in the vegetable garden). So I really wanted to make this very simple and tasty thin zucchini tart.
What ingredients should you plan for this fine zucchini goat pie?
To make this thin zucchini tart, you need 8 ingredients:
Puff pastry : I do not make it myself but I ensure its quality. It should contain a lot of butter, this is important for the taste.
courgettes : choose small zucchini, because they have more flavor than large zucchini.
fresh cream : here we want full cream 30% mg in a jar.
Cured goat : I take it in a well matured log but otherwise sliced goat dung can work (or even other cheeses)
Basil : a few leaves of fresh basil.
Pine nuts : to add a bit of crunch (but it's optional if you don't have one).
Olive oil : to lightly baste the tart before baking.
Salt pepper : it is the seasoning of the pie.
What stages of preparation for this thin zucchini tart?
We start by pre-baking the puff pastry in the oven. We want it to be crispy.
During this time, we can take care of the zucchini. Using a mandolin or a mandolin grater, we slice the zucchini very thin slices. The goat is also cut into small pieces or slices.
Then, spread the crème fraîche generously on the pre-baked pie shell. Season and sprinkle with a little chopped basil. Then lay the thin slices of zucchini in a spiral fashion and then the goat cheese.
It only remains to pour a drizzle of olive oil, add the pine nuts and put in the oven. Right out of the oven, add a little fresh basil and taste ...
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of easy savory recipes, don't hesitate to take a look at these other recipes from the blog: Bruschetta tomato mozzarella di buffala homemade pesto, Asparagus, peas and ricotta toast, Green lentil beet feta salad, the Tomato tart with fresh goat cheese and basil.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your lovely pies!
Fine Zucchini, Goat Cheese & Basil Tart
- 1 pure butter puff pastry
- 2 small zucchini
- 130 g heavy cream whole
- 50 g matured goat log
- A small handful of fresh basil
- A small handful of pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° convection heat.
- Spread the dough on a baking sheet, then fold the edge over about 1cm. Prick the pie shell with a fork. Bake for about 18 minutes, making sure that it does not brown too much. Do not hesitate to press on the pie shell if it swells too much.
- Using a mandolin, cut the zucchini into thin slices. Cut the goat cheese into pieces.
- Spread the crème fraîche on the bottom of the tart, season with salt and pepper then place a little chopped basil on the cream. Place the sliced zucchini by drawing spiral shapes. They should not be too glued to cook well. Add the pieces of goat cheese on top.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and drizzle with olive oil. Salt and pepper again lightly. Bake for about 15 minutes (to be checked according to your oven).
- Sprinkle with fresh basil just before serving.