A dessert filled with freshness and very light: the Strawberry lemon tiramisu and shortbread cookies ! A simple and quick recipe to prepare to take advantage of the beautiful seasonal strawberries… We particularly like its smoothness and its richness in strawberries.
When the good weather comes, we don't necessarily want to spend hours in the kitchen preparing a dessert ... dessert by the glass and without baking, like this Strawberry Tiramisu!
What ingredients to make this strawberry lemon tiramisu?
The choice of strawberries for this dessert is essential: take them well scented, ie blackberries. However, they must be able to be cut easily without crushing.
The pairing chosen for this tiramisu is strawberry and lemon: I mixed lemon juice and lime zest for this recipe. If you wish, you can use only lemon (juice and zest) or lime (juice and zest). We want a fresh and fruity result!
The basis of this tiramisu consists of crumbled shortbread cookies (to change cookies with a spoon), a bit like a cheesecake after all.
The garnish is that of a tiramisu, that is to say, mascarpone, eggs, sugar. I added a touch of gelatin to ensure a perfect hold of the dessert.
How to make this strawberry tiramisu?
We start by realizing the biscuit background by mixing the shortbread with the melted butter then this mixture is packed into the bottom of the glasses. Then we cut the strawberries in half and glue them inside the glasses. Then refrigerated.
Then we prepare the garnish, whisking the yolks and sugar, then adding the mascarpone, lemon juice and lime zest. The softened gelatin is melted and then added to this mixture. The egg whites are beaten until stiff and then incorporated.
This mixture is poured into the glasses and then completed with a mascarpone whipped cream, the remaining strawberries and a piece of shortbread for the decoration. These strawberry lemon tiramisu will be even better if they are refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of easy and fruity desserts for sunny days, I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog: Strawberry pistachio tart on Breton palet, Lemon strawberry cupcakes, Strawberry peach ricotta cake, No-bake strawberry speculoos cheesecake, Blondie raspberry white chocolate.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your pretty tiramisus!
Strawberry lemon tiramisu and shortbread cookies
- 125 g crumbled shortbread cookies
- 40 g soft butter, melted
Lemon mascarpone strawberry garnish
- 400 g Gariguette strawberries
- 1 gelatin sheet
- 2 whole eggs
- 70 g powdered sugar
- 175 g of mascarpone
- 1 citron jaune
- zest of 1 lime
- 10 cl full liquid cream
- 75 g of mascarpone
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Mix the cookies and the butter, then pack the mixture into the bottom of the 6 glasses.
- Cut the strawberries in half lengthwise and decorate the inside of the glasses by sticking them against the wall. Keep a few for the final decoration. Put in the fridge
- Soften the gelatin in cold water.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar until whitened, add the mascarpone, the juice of the lemon, the zest of the lime.
- Melt the drained gelatin in 3tbsp of hot water then add it to the previous mixture.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt then gently incorporate them into the mixture: everything must remain frothy, airy. Garnish the glasses.
- Beat the liquid cream, the mascarpone, the whipped sugar. Line a pastry bag fitted with a fluted tip and decorate the top of each glass with a rosette. Add a slice of strawberries and a piece of shortbread (some zest too). Refrigerate until serving.
- EQUIPMENT USED -