The color that returns (finally!) To our plates, and not just any: a pretty vibrant green, synonymous with spring. It doesn't take much more to give me an energy boost at lunchtime. Because they are really perfect for a quick lunch, these toasts with green asparagus, peas, ricotta (with a touch of lemon).
Of course, to save time, you can prepare your vegetables the day before, so you only have to dress the toast for lunch, with ease. In this regard, the vegetables here are just seared for 2 minutes in boiling water, the time to freeze their bright green color, then they are plunged directly into a bowl of ice water. Just to leave them just crunchy, as we like!
For the creamy mixture, a good dose of ricotta, with a dash of lemon juice, all spread on toasted bread and lightly rubbed with garlic ... To drizzle this, a lemon olive oil vinaigrette, and the count is Well !
I'll give you the recipe below, then it's up to you;)
Green asparagus, peas, ricotta toast
- 4 sourdough bread slices or country bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small bunch of green asparagus
- A handful of fresh peas to shell:
- 3 chive sprigs
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1 half lemon
- 2 cs olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- Cut the asparagus heads, keeping about 7cm on each. Shell the peas until you get the equivalent of a handful.
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Next, prepare a salad bowl with cold water and ice cubes (this will be used to stop the vegetables from cooking). Plunge the asparagus heads into the pan, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Drain the asparagus then plunge them directly into the bowl of cold / ice water. Meanwhile, plunge the peas in the pot of boiling water for 2 minutes of cooking also (we want them crunchy).
- Drain the asparagus and sprinkle the excess water. Pour the peas in the bowl of cold water in turn, then drain them and absorb the excess water.
- Toast the slices of bread (toaster or oven). Rub them lightly with a clove of garlic (optional).
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta with 2tsp lemon juice, 1 / 4tsp lemon zest, salt, pepper.
- For the vinaigrette, mix the olive oil and 1tbsp lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the toast: cover with the ricotta mixture, arrange the asparagus, then the peas. Add the chopped chives. Drizzle with vinaigrette.