A very soft cake with seasonal fruits: the Vanilla cake, mascarpone whipped cream and strawberries ! We love its delicate vanilla scent that goes wonderfully with strawberries and creamy icing. Quick to prepare and without any particular difficulty, it's the easy dessert for sunny days ...
My favorite part of the recipe? Certainly that moment when you spread the whipped cream on the cake ... It's as soft as a cloud, it would almost have a soothing effect. My other favorite moment is of course the tasting!
Some details on this vanilla, whipped cream and strawberry cake recipe
Flavor : here we are on a strawberry vanilla accord, very sweet. The cake is flavored with vanilla, the whipped cream is slightly sweet, the strawberries are macerated to bring out their flavor even more.
Texture : we have 3 different textures. The vanilla cake is very soft, the whipped cream with a touch of mascarpone is very smooth and the macerated strawberries are as tender as you want ...
What are the ingredients for this cake?
To prepare the vanilla cake, you need dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt. Liquid ingredients are also needed: milk, eggs, rapeseed oil, natural vanilla extract.
To make the whipped cream, we will need 3 ingredients: whole cream 30% mg, mascarpone and icing sugar.
To macerate the strawberries, you will need strawberries (I used gariguettes strawberries), a little brown sugar and, optionally, powdered vanilla.
How to make this vanilla, whipped cream and strawberry cake?
We start by doing the vanilla cake, this allows it to cool well before attacking the decor. For this, we mix together the dry ingredients on one side, the liquid ingredients on the other. Then gradually incorporate the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients.
You should not mix too much (just enough to have a homogeneous texture). This allows the cake to rise properly. Put in the oven and let cool on a rack before unmolding and waiting for complete cooling.
Then we prepare the macerated strawberries. To do this, mix the strawberries cut in half with a little brown sugar and vanilla powder. Leave to stand for 30 minutes. The brown sugar will help release the juice from the strawberries, their flavor, and make them shiny.
Last step: that of chantilly. We whip the whipped cream briskly to obtain a nice whipped cream, then add the mascarpone and icing sugar.
To mounting cake, it's very simple. Place the cake on the serving platter and then coat it generously with whipped cream. All you have to do is place the macerated strawberries on top ...
How to store this cake properly?
The vanilla cake alone (before decoration) can be made 1 or 2 days in advance and kept well wrapped in cling film at room temperature.
Given the nature of the icing (whipped cream) and the mixture with the strawberry juice, I recommend taste quickly the cake will be better. If, however, you still have vanilla cake, place it in the refrigerator under a bell for 2/3 days maximum.
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of fruity desserts, then I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog: the Coconut cake with coconut icing, Raspberry Blondie, No-bake strawberry lemon cheesecake, Fondant cake peach raspberry tonka bean, Layer cake blueberries lemon.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute cakes!
Vanilla Cake, Mascarpone & Strawberry Chantilly
- 270 g wheat or spelled flour
- 120 g Light brown sugar
- 2,5 cc baking powder
- 0,5 cc salt
- 190 ml Milk
- 2 eggs
- 140 ml Colza oil
- 2,5 cc natural vanilla extract
- 280 g whole cream 30% mg
- 125 g mascarpone cheese
- 40 g icing sugar dosage to adapt according to your taste
- 400 g strawberries gariguettes or other French variety
- 25 g Light brown sugar
- 0,5 cc vanilla powder optional
- Preheat the oven to 150 ° traditional heat. Lightly oil a 20cm diameter mold and place a round of baking paper in the bottom.
- In a bowl, sift the flour then add the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another container, lightly whisk the eggs then add the oil, milk and vanilla.
- Gradually incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix just enough for a smooth texture, no more.
- Pour the dough into the mold then bake for 50 minutes (this varies depending on the oven). Test the cooking with a wooden pick from 45 minutes: it should come out clean with a few crumbs.
- Leave to cool in the mold for 15 minutes then unmold on a rack until completely cooled.
- Wash, hull and cut the strawberries in half lengthwise.
- In a large bowl, pour the strawberries, brown sugar and vanilla. Let macerate for 30 minutes so that their juice and flavor are released.
- Whip the whipped cream into a firm whipped cream. Then add the mascarpone and whisk to homogenize the texture. Finally, add the icing sugar. Keep refrigerated until assembly
- Place the cooled cake on the serving platter. Cover generously with mascarpone whipped cream (we want to make a kind of cushion to accommodate the strawberries). Using a spatula or tablespoon.
- Finally, add the macerated strawberries and their juice. To consume quickly after assembly (it will be better).