An ultra-gourmet frozen drink: the Vanilla milkshake ! Prepared in 5 minutes with very few ingredients, we love its delicious vanilla taste and its very refreshing frozen texture. A recipe that the whole family will enjoy…
What you'll love about this milkshake recipe
- flavors : 100% vanilla, delicious and sweet, a real comfort
- texture : a little liquid and a little thick, thanks to the ice cream mixed with milk.
- difficulty level : very easy, we prepare these 2 glasses of vanilla milkshakes in 5 minutes! You will need a blender or food processor to make this recipe at home.
- vanilla ice cream : it is the key ingredient of the milkshake! I advise you to take quality ice cream because it will taste better in a milkshake.
- milk : I opt for whole milk because the result is very creamy. Otherwise, you can also choose semi-skimmed milk.
- vanilla : to enhance the vanilla taste, I add the seeds of a vanilla pod. You can take powdered vanilla beans instead, or failing that, a little vanilla extract.
- chantilly : it's optional but so greedy! You can make homemade whipped cream (put in a piping bag) or whipped cream, it's as you prefer.
- chocolate sprinkles : for the decoration of the vanilla milkshake, you can really put what makes you happy, like these chocolate vermicelli for example.
How to make a vanilla milkshake?
- Scrape the grains vanilla bean
- Put the milk, ice cream and vanilla beans in the bowl of the blender/food processor
- Mixer the whole
- Pour into tall glasses
- Add a dose of chantilly
- Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles
- Dip his straw in the vanilla milkshake
- Enjoy immediately!
NB: the complete recipe and the quantities of ingredients are given to you at the bottom of the page.
My advice for a successful vanilla milkshake
- if the ice cream is too hard to scoop out with a spoon: leave it for a few moments on the work surface from the kitchen.
- blend the vanilla milkshake on low speed : this helps to loosen the ice cream and mix it evenly with the milk.
- the ideal texture is one that can be poured into glasses (neither too runny nor too thick). personally, I like to keep a little consistency because the milkshake tends to melt quickly afterward at room temperature.
Possible variations for this milkshake
To decorate the vanilla milkshake, you can use praline chips, mini marshmallows, whatever makes you happy! Instead of vanilla ice cream, do not hesitate to use chocolate ice cream to vary the pleasures...
Other recipes to try
If you like summer recipes to make at home, I advise you to take a look at these other recipes from the blog:
- Creamy vanilla ice cream
- Raspberry banana nice cream
- Easy chocolate ice cream without an ice cream maker
- Perfect iced raspberry nougat
- Homemade Peach Iced Tea
If you make this vanilla milkshake, feel free to rate the recipe below and tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your beautiful milkshakes!
Very Easy Vanilla Milkshake
- 400 g vanilla ice cream quality
- 255 g whole or semi-skimmed milk (whole = creamier)
- Half a vanilla pod or powdered vanilla beans
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- 1 cs chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Cut the half vanilla pod in half lengthwise then scrape out the seeds.
- In the bowl of the blender or food processor, pour the milk, vanilla ice cream, vanilla beans. NB: If the ice cream is too hard to scoop out, leave it on the kitchen worktop for a few moments.
- Blend at low speed until smooth and homogeneous. The texture should be a little thick but should be able to be poured into the glasses. It will melt little by little at room heat.
- PS: to make the milkshake more liquid: add milk to the blender jug. To make the milkshake thicker: add vanilla ice cream to the blender jug.
- Once the two glasses are full, add (optional) a nice dose of whipped cream on top accompanied by chocolate vermicelli. Do not forget to plant a reusable straw! Enjoy immediately.