The recipe for the eternal chocolate cake ... slightly revisited!
An addition of white chocolate, nuts and maple syrup to the basic recipe… rather greedy, eh?
Here are the different stages of its preparation (for about 12 parts):
- Melt 275g of dark pastry chocolate in a double boiler with 150g of butter. Reserve.
- In a salad bowl, whisk 3 eggs with 175g of caster sugar and 50ml of maple syrup until a smooth paste is obtained.
- Then incorporate the melted chocolate as well as 100g of flour (with incorporated yeast), a pinch of salt and 50g of chopped walnuts.
- Butter and flour a rectangular mold. Pour the dough into the mold, and sprinkle the surface with 90g of coarsely chopped white chocolate.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 190 ° c. Let cool.
- Before serving, sprinkle the cake with icing sugar and cut into square pieces.
>>> The cake is very soft, and retains a certain crunch thanks to the presence of nuts and pieces of white chocolate. It can be served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or lightly sweet whipped cream.