A sweet and fruity recipe: Strawberry lemon cupcakes with mascarpone icing ! A very soft lemon base, a very creamy strawberry icing with mascarpone, impossible to resist ...
The joy of incorporating seasonal fruits into our desserts! These strawberry cupcakes are easy to make, light on the palate and so tasty ...
What ingredients for these strawberry lemon cupcakes?
These are simple ingredients, there is nothing complicated about this recipe. For the soft lemon base, these are classic ingredients for a cake: flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, butter, cream and lemon.
I advise you for this recipe to choose organic lemons well since we will use their zest and juice.
For the icing, this is a strawberry mascarpone whipped cream. So we need liquid cream, mascarpone, sugar and strawberries. Take them very ripe, they will be well scented! It's perfect for this recipe.
How to make strawberry cupcakes?
To make this recipe, we start by making compote strawberries to mash them. To do this, we heat them slightly and then put them in a blender before leaving to cool.
During this time, we prepare the lemon cake base. On one side we mix the dry ingredients, on the other we beat the eggs and the sugar then the butter. Little by little we incorporate the dry ingredients into the previous mixture. We finish with the cream, lemon juice and zest.
Finally, we make the icing by whipping the cream, mascarpone and whipped sugar. We add the strawberry puree. Here it is ready!
For decoration, we fill a pastry bag with a fluted tip, for me it is the socket 1M. We decorate the cupcakes as we wish, without forgetting the whole strawberry on top!
Other recipes to try
If you like this kind of fruity desserts, I advise you to take a look at these recipes that you might like: the Strawberry rhubarb crumble tart, Lemon and ginger meringue tarts, Strawberry pistachio tart on Breton palet, Strawberry peach ricotta cake, Strawberry mango pineapple smoothie, No-bake strawberry speculoos cheesecake.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute cupcakes!
Strawberry lemon cupcakes with mascarpone icing
Lemon cupcake base
- 140 g flour
- 1/2 cc baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 200 g brown sugar
- 120 g soft butter
- 120 ml whole cream
- 3 tbsp lemon juice + zest
Strawberry mascarpone icing
- 30 cl semi-thick whole cream
- 200 g of mascarpone
- 4 tbsp of icing sugar
- 200 g Gariguette strawberries
- 3 tsp powdered sugar
- Strawberries for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° traditional heat.
- In a container, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Separately, mix the egg and the brown sugar. Add the softened butter and mix well. Stir the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients. Finish with the crème fraîche, lemon zest and juice.
- Pour the batter into paper trays placed in a muffin pan and bake for about 25-28 minutes. Let cool on a rack.
- Prepare the strawberry purée: in a saucepan pour the chopped strawberries and powdered sugar, heat for about 10 minutes. Pass quickly in a blender to obtain a puree. Let cool.
- Make the whipped cream: vigorously whip the mascarpone and the semi-thick crème fraîche. Add the icing sugar. Finish by incorporating the strawberry purée. The whipped cream must be fairly homogeneous (ready to be prepared with a pastry bag).
- Garnish a pastry bag with strawberry whipped cream and garnish the cooled cupcakes. Add half a strawberry or whole strawberry to decorate each cupcake!