Zucchini in a dessert… This is what I am offering you today with this Very soft zucchini chocolate cake. I assure you, we absolutely do not detect it on the palate: we simply win a crazy sweet! And it's a great way to use up the extra zucchini growing in your garden :)
In practice, it suffices to finely grate the zucchini to incorporate it into your preparation. As for flavors, chocolate lovers, you should love this gourmet cocoa cake and its chocolate chips!
How to prepare this Cake courgette chocolate ?
The advantage is that this chocolate zucchini cake is really ready quickly and without special equipment (you just need 2 containers). I added a touch of cinnamon to enhance the cocoa taste (if you don't like cinnamon you can do without it too). On the sugar side, I opted for whole cane sugar, but you can make it with any sweetener of your choice. Chocolate chips are really great for bringing a gourmet side to the cake - I recommend the small chips so that they are very soft inside the cake and on top.
In any case, I hope you like the recipe! If you do, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so that I can see your achievements :)
Chocolate Zucchini Cake, Very Soft
- 240 g flour wheat, spelled or gluten-free flour mix
- 132 g whole cane sugar
- 40 g bitter cocoa powder
- 0,5 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cs of baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 180 g finely grated zucchini no need to peel them
- 2 eggs
- 130 g Colza oil
- 0,5 tsp liquid vanilla extract
- 90 g small chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° traditional heat. Prepare a cake mold (27x10cm for me, link at the bottom of the article) by buttering and flouring it.
- In a container, mix the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Then add 40g of chocolate chips.
- In another container, mix the other ingredients: zucchini, eggs, oil.
- Gradually incorporate the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients in 3 batches. Don't over mix, just enough.
- Pour into the mold and smooth. sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake for about 50 minutes: you have to adapt this cooking time to your oven, watch from 45 minutes by testing with a wooden pick.
- Let cool in its mold on a rack then unmold.
* can be kept wrapped at room temperature for a few days