So greedy! Hard to resist these Macadamia white chocolate cookies not true ? A quick and easy recipe to prepare that will delight fans of white chocolate! Inside these soft cookies, we find crushed macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips. Something to feast on at snack time but not only ...
These white chocolate macadamia cookies keep perfectly in a cookie jar or under a bell. If I am to believe my experience, they will disappear even at high speed! And yes, I have big fans of white chocolate at home… With this recipe you will make about 14 cookies. Of course, the recipe can be doubled if needed.
What are the necessary ingredients for this white chocolate cookie recipe?
For the base of the white chocolate cookies, we start with classic ingredients. You need to plan: flour, baking powder and baking soda (they do not have the same action), salt, softened unsalted butter, whole cane sugar and powdered sugar (the two do not have the same objective here), 1 large egg, a touch of vanilla.
Also plan macadamia nuts that you will cut roughly for the recipe and also white chocolate chips. You can optionally opt for a bar of good quality white pastry chocolate that you will crush coarsely.
How to prepare a batch of white chocolate macadamia cookies?
The preparation itself is done . You just need to allow time for the dough to cool in the refrigerator before cooking.
We start by whipping the butter and the two sugar to obtain a creamy mixture. We then add the egg and vanilla and finally the dry ingredients. Be careful with do not over-mix the cookie dough, just enough.
Finally, add the crushed macadamia nuts and then the nuggets. Remember to keep a few nuggets to decorate the top of the balls before baking. Then we refrigerate 1 hour : this allows the dough to spread slowly during baking to have soft cookies. We prepare dough balls (about 2 tablespoons) that we space on the baking sheet. It only remains to deposit the remaining nuggets and we put in the oven!
The technique for these white chocolate cookies to be nicely cracked is simple: you have to remove the baking sheet a few minutes before the end and then tap the plate a little on the work surface.
How to properly store cookies?
Ideally, keep these cookies in a airtight glass jar or in a bell at room temperature. They can be stored in this way for up to 1 week.
If you want to give them a little softness, it's simple: you quickly put them in the microwave with a small cup of water on the side. This will have the effect of re-humidifying them slightly.
Other recipes to try
If you like cookies, then I'm sure you will like these other recipes from the blog too: Sesame chocolate chip cookies, Giant chocolate almonds coconut cookies, the Rustic dark chocolate pecan cookies, the Crinkles Au Chocolat, the All chocolate cookies with caramel heart.
If you make this recipe, don't hesitate to tag @liliebakery on Instagram so I can see your cute cookies!
White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
- 195 g wheat or spelled flour
- 1 cc shaving of baking powder
- 0,25 cc baking soda
- 0,5 cc salt
- 115 g softened butter
- 55 g whole cane sugar
- 30 g classic powdered sugar
- 1 big egg
- 1 cc natural vanilla extract
- 60 g macadamia nuts
- 100 g white chocolate chips
- In a container, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- Using a mixer, whip the softened butter and the two sugars to obtain a clearer and very creamy mixture.
- Add the egg and vanilla then mix (do not over-mix the dough, just enough).
- Then add the dry ingredients in two batches.
- Cut the macadamia nuts in 4 or crush them to go faster. Then add them to the mixture. Also add the white chocolate chips, reserving 1tbsp of chips for the final decoration.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for 1 hour: it will hold up better when cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 185 ° traditional heat.
- Prepare a baking sheet with baking paper. Form cookie balls in the palm of your hand or with an ice cream scoop. Place the balls on the baking sheet, spacing them well (you will need to cook 2 times).
- Before baking, place the remaining white chocolate chips on the cookie balls. Bake for 9 minutes then remove the baking sheet and tap it on the work surface: the cookies will flatten and take on a nice cracked appearance. Return to oven for 2 or 3 more minutes. The overall cooking time depends on your oven, they should be lightly browned: so watch out!
- Out of the oven, let cool on a baking sheet for a few minutes then place on a rack until completely cooled.